Saturday, August 18, 2012

Her Last Breath

As I watch her silhouette begin to die
The wind sends a chill through my spine
The day has turned cold, no longer could I see the sun
Crystals begin to form on the discarded blood

My mind kept spinning, I have no idea where I'm at
Where's the road, where are my tracks?
I'm stuck here to watch her die
She's fading fast, she has little time

She looks at me with pleading eyes
The moon makes her tear stained cheeks shine
Suddenly, somehow, I began to pity her life
But at least it isn't me who has to die

The snow looks so white with her bright red blood spread all around
The woods are so quiet, not even the trees make a sound
She should have never done what she did
She should have known I'd find the secret she hid

She lifts her hand in a pitiful, pleading way
She begins to lift her face
"Why?" She asks with her very last breath
Her hand falls to her side, now the air is filled with death

Suddenly, the weight is lifted off of me
I no longer have to feel guilty
The snow begins to fall on my face
I welcome it with a warm embrace

Freedom never felt so good
But I always know it would come, I knew it would
Still, her silhouette lingers in my mind
I'm sure it will disappear within time

No comments:

Post a Comment